Happy Star Wars Day and May the 4th be with you! To celebrate one of my favorite days of the year, I’ve compiled an objective ranking of each of the Star Wars movies. Enjoy and post your comments below!
1) Star Wars Episode V: Empire Strikes Back– My favorite Star Wars movie is the Empire Strikes Back, which is iconic but also features battles and duels that appeal to me as a millennial.
Best Quote: “I am your father” -Darth Vader
2) Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith- Most people wouldn’t but Revenge of the Sith this high, but for my whole childhood I wanted to watch the first PG-13 movie of the franchise and its epic duels and action didn’t let me down.
Best Quote: “Do it.” -Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious
3) Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope– The original Star Wars film was my first encounter in the Star Wars universe as a young first grader-padawan, and is one that I watch over and over.
Best Quote: “May the Force be with you.” -Han Solo
4) Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens- Force Awakens was the first movie that I saw in theaters and I waited outside the theater for three hours before it started. The movie was worth the wait and left me excited for the future of Star Wars.
Best Quote: “Tell that to the Kanjiklub.” -Bala-Tik
5) Rogue One: A Star Wars Story– Part movie and part Battlefront video game demo, Rogue One had a surprisingly enjoyable second half and had chilling appearances from Darth Vader.
Best Quote: “I am the Force and the Force is with me.” -Chirrut Imwe
6) Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi– The end of the original trilogy doesn’t measure up with the others in my opinion, but it has its moments, such as the climactic fight between Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker.
Best Quote: “It’s a trap!” -Admiral Ackbar
7) Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones- Fans of the Star Wars franchise hate this movie, but I grew up watching it and reading about it in books- it’s a part of my childhood. The fights make it marginally superior to Phantom Menace.
Best Quote: “I don’t like sand. It’s coarse, and rough, and irritating, and it gets everywhere.” – Anakin Skywalker
8) Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace– Darth Maul is one of my favorite characters in history, but the rest of the Phantom Menace lacked substance and originality.
Best Quote: “At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge.” -Darth Maul
9) Star Wars: The Clone Wars– Don’t get me wrong- the TV series was good, but a whole movie about the Hutts was a rotten idea.
Best Quote: “Great! You woke the baby!” -Ahsoka Tano
10) The Star Wars Holiday Special- Worst. Movie. Ever. Just watch this review. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryOhDO8ZU-0
Best Quote: “But, of course, if your family has a hearty appetite, I would suggest then the old, popular, holiday favorite, the bantha rump.” -the Cook